Hi!


Welcome to all past students of Gorokan High on the NSW Central Coast (Australia).

email: gorokanhigh@gmail.com but please make it public and use the comments where you can.

Search This Blog

Search Tips

You can use the search box above to search either this blog, pages we link to, or the web.

NB: New material on this blog will not be searchable for several days until Google crawls it.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

School Poem and Hymn

Yep, formality was the order of the day with Miss Foley.  She tried to instill a feeling of goodwill and community amongst us all.  Whether it worked or not was a different matter!  Here are the school's official Hymn and Poem as we used to hear frequently at assemblies and formal gatherings.
To open this up for search engines, here is the text of the above

School Hymn: Let there be peace on earth

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth the peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father, brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother, in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me - let this be the moment now.
With every step I take, let this be my solemn vow:
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.


School Poem:  All Beauteous Things

I love all beauteous things
I seek and adore them
God hath no better praise
And Man in his hasty days
Is honoured for them

I too will something make
And joy in the making
Although tomorrow it seem
Like the empty words of a dream
Remembered on waking

Absolutely incredible how non-secular, patriarchal and obsolete these things are.  The current school motto is "Pathways to Learning"!!  You'd probably get sued by people having this school poem and school hymn in this day and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment